The world must unite to end killings by extremists
The north face of Two World Trade Center (south tower) immediately after being struck by United
Airlines Flight 175
By Alhaji Alhasan Abdulai
Since the establishment of al-Qaeda group by late Osama bin laden who lived from 1957–2011, his jihadist organization (under different names) has been taking responsibility for many high profile attacks including the September 11 attack on the twin tower trade center in New York on 9th September 2000. The operations of the jihadists have claimed lives of thousands of people injuring many others.
As the records show, the entire operations of the jihadists groups began on April 18, 1983 with the U.S Embassy Bombings in Beirut Lebanon by the Islamic Jihad Organization leaving 63 people dead with 120 injured. It continued with The 1983 Beirut barracks bombing by the Islamic Jihad Organization with 307 people dead and 75 injured. The operations of the jihadi groups have since continued throughout the world targeting individuals and groups in Europe America, Asia and Africa who are perceived as enemies of the cause of the jihadists. Although Nigeria has been under siege by the Boko Harram, the Nigeria’s version of the jihadists, the latest Attacks on beach resort of Cote di’Ivoire and the senseless killings of Christians and others by the jihadists in Pakistan, Burkina Faso, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, Belgium and France is very frightening. All those nations that have lost their citizens through kidnappings and suicide bombing and beheading are not only counting their loses but are eagerly working tirelessly to apprehend the slippery and dangerous culprits at high costs. The world is yet to come to terms with a situation where innocent people enjoying themselves at beaches and on children playgrounds would be attached with bombs and killed in Pakistan and Abidjan, cote d-ivoire. Just consider the following accounts of atrocities by the Jihadists.
- January 21, 2016 – At least 22 were killed in attack on Bacha Khan University, Pakistan in which The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
- January 22, 2016 – Al-Shabab attacked a beachside restaurant leaving people 20 dead
- January 25, 2016 – Suspected Boko Haram insurgents blew themselves up in a market in Cameroon, killing at least 25 people and injuring 62 others.
- January 30, 2016 – Boko Haram gunmen raided a Nigerian village where at least 65 people were killed and 136 others injured.
- March 13, 2016 – In the 2016 Grand-Bassam shootings Al Qaeda gunmen stormed 3 hotels in the beach resort city of Grand-Bassam in the Ivory Coast, leaving 18 people dead.
- March 20, 2016 – In Anbar, Iraq, ISIL suicide bombers killed at least 24 people at municipal building
- March 22, 2016 – 2016 Brussels bombings includes two suicide bombings in Brussels Airport and one bombing in Brussels Metro that resulted in 34 deaths and 340 wounded.
- March 25, 2016 – Three ISIL suicide bombers struck security checkpoints in the Yemeni city of Aden, killing 26 people.
- March 25, 2016 – 30 people were killed and 95 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up at a football stadium in Iskandariya, south of Baghdad. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack.
- March 27, 2016 – Suicide bomb blast targeting Christians who had gathered on Easter in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park in Lahore. The blast, by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Pakistani Taliban faction, killed at least 70 people and injured 300 others.
There is a tall list of killings beggining from the 80s, by the jihadists that defy the Islamic principles. Islam means peace and submission to the will of Allah. The prophet in his life lived in communities’ side by side with Christians and directed his followers to be tolerant and show love to their neighbors. This is why in Ghana and some peaceful nations we live in peace with Muslims and Christians exchanging gifts and pleasantries during festive occasions like Christmas and Easter Eid festivals after our Ramadan fast and Hajj Pilgrimage.
But what do we see in some nations of late. Intensified terror attacks by Islamist extremists to further a perceived Islamic religious or political cause have been occurring globally. The attackers have used such tactics as arson, vehicle rampage attacks, bomb threats, suicide attacks, bombings, spree shooting, stabbings, hijackings, kidnappings and beheadings.
Since the jihadists who have now graduated into creating for themselves a borderless Islamic state known as ISIS or ISIL are out to attack the world, governments and people of all nations of the world must wake up to the need to confront the Islamic jihadists . This can be achieved if all true Muslims and Christian’s would sink our differences and work together to fight the terrorists. In carrying out their activities they, the jihadists, do not discriminate between Muslims and Christians. They are on record to have bombed markets, churches, schools, aircraft, buses, trains and mosques killing both Muslims and Christians. Political opponents in parliaments and those working in communities must work together for a common cause to detect and rout out extremists among us. The National Chief Imam Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu and other Muslim leaders as well as Christian leaders are heard preaching against murders of all sorts which are not acceptable to God Almighty. The Ghana police service has began a program to deal with the situation by advising people to be alert in reporting suspicious characters found in our communities , in our churches, restaurants and shopping centers dotted in parts of our cities and towns . The Inspector General of Police in Ghana Mr. John Kudalor has also advised people not to pick strange objects found on the ground as those items could be bombs. The people of the world especially politicians must turn less against each other but concentrate on our common enemies, the jihadists. For that is the only way we can together push them away from us to be able to enjoy orderly socio economic development as all inclusive multi-religious multi ethnic people working for a common cause.
EANFOWORLD FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
P.O.BOX 17070AN 233244370345/23327483710 /233208844791
GHANA MEDIA WORLD IS THERE FOR YOU FOR EVERY SINGLE TRULY GOOD NEWS OF INTEREST
THE NEWS ITEMS ARE FOR YOU BECAUSE WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. IF NOT BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CANNOT BE GHANA MEDIA WORLD.
READ MORE @ WWW.GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OF MEDIA AND ADVITISED IN OUR WEBPAGE ,IF YOU NEED PROFECTIONALS RADIO STATION LIVE STREAMING FOR BROADCASTING TOOLS PLUS WEBPAGE,DOMAIN,WE ARE NUMBER ONE PROFECTIONALS TO HELP YOU,FOR QUETIONS,DONATIONS,CONTACT OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
SHARE OUR PAGE AND LIKE US IN FACEBOOK
WE ARE NUMBER ONE TRUELY MEDIA