KOFI ANNAN QUOTES: WORDS OF A PROGRESSIVE AFRICAN LEADER.
Kofi Annan Quotes– Kofi was the 2nd African and 7th Secretary-General for the United Nations. The highly respected African personality hails from Kumasi, Ghana. The 78-year old in his time as UN Sec. Gen made a tremendous impact in fostering resolutions to conflicting regions of the world. His genuine resilience in that area made him outstanding. Till date, the reputable personality is still making contributions to governance as well as the economic improvement of the African continent. Under the Kofi Annan Foundation and beyond, the former Sec. Gen has been involved in several humanitarian causes. This trait earned him the Kora All Africa Music Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001. That same year he was also awarded the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize.
Kofi Annan Quotes African Leaders Should Know:
1. Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda. Our mission, therefore, is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with the outstretched hand of generosity. Racism can, will, and must be defeated.
2. We may have different religions, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.
3. Peace is never a perfect achievement.
4. I have always believed that on important issues, the leaders must lead. Where the leaders fail to lead, and people are really concerned about it, the people will take the lead and make the leaders follow.
5. To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
6. If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom.
7. Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.
8. I am not afraid to dream. You first have to start with a dream. Build your castles in the air and give it foundation. Without a dream, you are not going to get anywhere.
9. You are never too young to lead and you should never doubt your capacity to triumph where others have not.
10. The happiness of any society begins with the well-being of the families that live in it.
11. You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done.
12. If information and knowledge are central to democracy, they are conditions for development.
13. In the rush for justice, it is important not to lose sight of principles the country holds dear.
14. One must also acknowledge that there are moments in an organization’s development when fresh blood and new vision are required, which may imply that an outsider may be better suited to the leadership role.
15. I am often asked what can people do to become a good global citizen. I reply that it begins in your own community.
16. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.
17. Gather the five virtues (Dignity, Confidence, Courage, Compassion, and Faith). Then you are a man.
18. Reform is a process, and not an event.
19. More than ever before in human history, we share a common destiny. We can master it only if we face it together. And that is why we have the United Nations.
20. The problem is not with the faith, but with the faithful.
21. We can love what we are, without hating what, and who, we are not.
22. Education is, quite simply, peace-building by another name. It is the most effective form of defense spending there is.
23. The Lord had the wonderful advantage of being able to work alone.
24. If we are to make poverty history, we must have the active participation of States, civil society, and the private sector, as well as individual volunteers.
25. Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.
FOR ADVERTISED IN OUR WEBPAGE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit www.ghanamediaworld.com
WE PUBLISHED 99% GHANA NEWS AND THE REST 1% IS FOR OUTSIDE WORLD NEWS, GHANA FIRST,PUBLISHED YOUR OWN FIRST TO WIN BETTER FUTURE.
DISCLAIMER: “The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not neccessarily reflect those of Ghana Media World. The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). Ghana Media World will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article.” © GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
HAVE A SAY. WHAT DO YOU THINK? DROP COMMENTS!
@ghanamediaworld on Twitter / lnstagram ghanamediaworld
Do you have a story for The Ghanameiaworld Online news team? Email us at email@example.com Or call us:
THE NEWS ITEMS ARE REAL AND WE ARE NOT FAKE MEDIA,WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BECAUSE OF TRUELY MEDIA. IF NOT BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CANNOT BE GHANA MEDIA WORLD. OR WHAT WE HAVE REACH TO BE NOW.WE PUBLISH WHAT IS TRUELY INSIDE THE MEDIA OF THE WORLD, FROM JOURNALIST NEWS,MEDIA NEWS, STARS NEWS, PERSONAL PRIVATE ADVERTISED AND CELEBRATIES NEWS,AND FROM THE PEOPLE WE GET TO KNOW,THE REAL NEWS FROM AND TO GHANA MEDIA WORLD, WITHOUT HIDDEN THINGS FROM YOU AND FROM THE TRUTH THAT WE GET FROM MEDIA AND JOURNALIST.AND ALSO SOMEWHERE WE GET TO KNOWN.OUR MEDIA PAGE IS STILL NOT COMPLETED,THERE IS A LOTS TO BE DONE IN GHANA MEDIA WORLD PAGE ONLINE. PUBLISHED NEWS,WE ADVERTISE FOR PEOPLE,ETC.LISTEN TO MANY RADIO STATIONS IN OUR PAGE BY CLICK.
READ MORE @ WWW.GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OF MEDIA AND ADVITISED IN OUR WEBPAGE ,IF YOU NEED PROFECTIONALS RADIO STATION LIVE STREAMING FOR BROADCASTING TOOLS PLUS WEBPAGE,DOMAIN,WE ARE NUMBER ONE PROFECTIONALS TO HELP YOU,NEWS,RADIOS,MEDIA,MAGAZINES,ADVERTISMENTS.LIVE STREAMING PROVIDER.
WE ARE HUGE BIG COMPANY.
ONLINE RADIO SETUP FOR YOUR FM STATION ONLINE.
FOR YOUR ONLINE RADIO – Also for Your Media , FM Station, Church or As well as online Internet Radio Station.
We do it profectional.Its is your dream to set up an online radio station that will turn you into a major media hub in this country and the world as well as to enable promote your goods and services Globally.Then contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 004915218034976 OR 0023354294897
We are running an express and affordable online radio set up for all.
Contact us and have a feel of what it feels to own an online radio and what we have for you.
Call or Whats App 004915218034976 NOW
THE ONLINE RADIO STATION DEVELOPED BY GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
SHARE OUR PAGE AND LIKE US IN FACEBOOK,INSTAGRAM,WHATSAPP,PINTEREST,YOUTUBE,LINKEDIN.
WE ARE NUMBER ONE TRUELY MEDIA.