‘FUFU’AND GOAT MEAT LIGHT SOUP….
Ghanaian cuisine has diverse traditional dishes from each ethnic group, tribe and clan from the to the south and from the east to the west. Generally, most Ghanaian dishes are made up of a starchy portion and a typical example is ‘fufu’. As arguably the most popular delicacy in Ghana, ‘fufu’ is the end product of continuous pounding of boiled starchy root tubers like cassava, plantain, yam or cocoyam in a wooden mortar. The word ‘fufu’ comes from the Twi language. This meal is also usually covered with a spicy soup usually eaten in an earthenware bowl. The most common soups served with fufu are light soup (goat meat light soup, tilapia fish light soup, dried fish or beef light soup), palmnut soup or groundnut soup.
‘Fufu’ can served with variety of soups, fish and meat depending on the preferences of the person preparing it but the most popular ones are those mentioned above.
We will highlight on ‘fufu’ and goat meat light soup in this post. Basically, the goat meat light soup is a vegetable stock which also includes goat. Though fufu is largely attributed to the people of Ashanti, Brong Ahafo and Eastern regions of Ghana, fufu is enjoyed in almost every home across the country. Irrespective of the time spent in it’s preparation, a visit to any local joint will attest to the fact that, it is the most popular local meal as I have confirmed from a couple of chop bars around town. ‘Nkrakra’ is the popular name people use for goat light soup.
‘Fufu’ provides a great deal of energy in as much as the various vegetables used for the soup are also highly nutritious. These are the ingredients used in the preparation of this delicious meal. Pepper, onions, ginger, garlic, tomato, fresh goat meat, tomato paste, salt, cassava, plantain (cocoyam or yam as preferred), spices and water. People would prefer to add a few of garden eggs if they want.
Recipe for this traditional cuisine is as follows;
- Put the goat meat in a soup pot or saucepan and season with chopped onions, spices and a little salt. Wait for about 5minutes for it to steam under low heat then add the tomato paste.
- Stir the goat meat and add a ¾ cup of water to the pot, cover and bring the water to a boil still under lower the heat to simmer.
- Prepare a second pot with the washed tomatoes, onions, pepper and add water. Put on fire boil for 15minutes until vegetables are soft. Removed and grind them together (in a blender or ‘asanka’, local style for grinding it) and pour it on the steaming goat meat.
- Let it simmer for a while and add cups of water as appropriate, stir for some time (you can add broth to the soup if preferred). Let it simmer for a couple of hours as goat meat tends to be tougher. Add more water if necessary and salt to taste.
- Peel cassava and plantain, put them in a saucepan, add water and put on fire. You can choose to add a little salt. Leave it to boil for about 20minutes.
- Drain water and prepare mortar and pestle as it cools down for pounding. Start pounding the boiled cassava and plantain into fufu.
- Check goat meat light soup on fire and serve if ready.
For all of you readers, please make sure you try and make this at home. Trust my words because it the best local Ghanaian meal you could ever taste I promise you!. In my own opinion this is one amazing recipe to about with the preparation as well.
SOURCE: Food Delicacies In Ghana
GHANA MEDIA WORLD IS THERE FOR YOU FOR EVERY SINGLE TRULY GOOD NEWS OF MEDIA INTEREST.
THE NEWS ITEMS ARE REAL AND WE ARE NOT FAKE MEDIA,WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BECAUSE OF TRUELY MEDIA. IF NOT BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CANNOT BE GHANA MEDIA WORLD. OR WHAT WE HAVE REACH TO BE NOW.WE PUBLISH WHAT IS TRUELY INSIDE THE MEDIA OF THE WORLD FOR PEOPLE TO GET THE REAL NEWS OF GHANA MEDIA WORLD, WITHOUT HIDDEN THINGS FROM YOU AND FROM THE TRUTH THAT WE GET FROM SOMEWHERE WE GET TO KNOWN.
READ MORE @ WWW.GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OF MEDIA AND ADVITISED IN OUR WEBPAGE ,IF YOU NEED PROFECTIONALS RADIO STATION LIVE STREAMING FOR BROADCASTING TOOLS PLUS WEBPAGE,DOMAIN,WE ARE NUMBER ONE PROFECTIONALS TO HELP YOU,FOR QUETIONS,DONATIONS,CONTACT OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
SHARE OUR PAGE AND LIKE US IN FACEBOOK,INSTAGRAM,WHATSUPP.
WE ARE NUMBER ONE TRUELY MEDIA.