A CONSERVATIVES ADAM AFRIYIE MP FOR WINDSOR IN UK,A CONSERVATIVES PARTY…
Adam is known for his thoughtfulness, honesty and plain-speaking style.
Born in 1965 to a white English mother and a black Ghanaian father, Adam was brought up by his mother in social housing in South London. He attended Oliver Goldsmith Primary School in Peckham and went on to gain a B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics from Imperial College (Wye).
A former shadow minister for Science and current Chair of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST), Adam is an outspoken supporter of evidence-based policy making, greater social mobility and the power of business to provide jobs, prosperity and a better society.
- People are happier when in control of their lives by making their own decisions.
- Business is the engine of the economy that generates our jobs, incomes and taxes that make for a good society.
- Government’s duty is to protect us from external threat and defend us from domestic crime; so that we can enjoy our lives in what way we choose.
- Since 2005, Adam Afriyie has been Conservative MP for Windsor
- At the 2015 election, Adam was returned to Windsor with the biggest majority in the history of the seat with 63%
- Adam claims no personal expenses and was labelled an “expenses saint” by the Daily Telegraph in 2009
- In 2004, he successfully campaigned against the Euro as London Chairman of Business for Sterling and the ‘No to Euro’ campaign
- He was a regional finalist in the 2003 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year awards
- In 2002, one of Adam’s IT businesses was listed in the Virgin Sunday Times Fasttrack 100 of Britain’s fastest growing private companies
- Adam is Patron of Berkshire Young Enterprise, Sebastian’s Action Trust and Chandler Day Centre
- Boost social mobility so everyone can make a success of their life regardless of background
- Shape a country at ease with itself and its national identity
- Stop illegal immigration and regain control of borders
- Simplify the tax and benefit systems
- Stop politicians interfering in our private lives
- Promote evidence-based policy making
- Ensure that Government is accountable to people and their elected representatives
- Open up access to Government data
- Put an end to wasteful bureaucracy and form-filling
PARLIAMENTARY AND POLICALP APPOINTMENTS
Adam has a depth and breadth of parliamentary experience. He has served on Select Committees and Standing Committees, led policy development and served as Shadow Minister for Science and Innovation from 2007 to 2010.
- Chairman of the Select Committee on Members’ Expenses. 2011-
- Chairman of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST). 2010-
- Chairman of the Parliamentary Space Committee. 2010-
- Shadow Minister for Science and Innovation. 2007 – 2010.
- Conservative Parliamentary Leader for TMT – Technology, Media and Telecoms. 2006.
- Member of the Economic Competitiveness Policy Group, co-chaired by John Redwood and Simon Wolfson. 2006.
- Chairman of the Deregulation Task Force. 2006.
- Science & Technology Select Committee. 2005.
- Finance Bill Standing Committee. 2007.
- Welfare Reform Bill Standing Committee. 2006.
- Lottery Bill Standing Committee. 2006.
- Civil Aviation Bill Standing Committee. 2005.
Born in Wimbledon in 1965 to a white English mother and a black Ghanaian father, Adam attended former grammar school Addey & Stanhope in New Cross and gained a BSc in Agricultural Economics from Imperial College (Wye) London University.
Living in Israel and visiting Egypt, Cyprus, Greece, Holland, Denmark and Sweden in his gap year, his appetite for travel has not diminished over the years.
Sport has played an important role and, since captaining the basketball team at university, Adam has remained a keen distance and charity runner and health and fitness amateur.
Over the last 30 years, his sports have included cycling, tennis, badminton and skiing but, since a knee, foot and back operation, activities have been somewhat restricted.
Having joined the Party in 1990, Adam is an experienced Conservative activist. During his time he has stuffed envelopes, delivered leaflets, surveyed, door-knocked and canvassed, run supporters clubs, chaired branches and spoken at conference on several occasions.
At the 2010 general election, Adam secured Windsor with the biggest majority in the history of the seat with 61% of the vote and the biggest combined swing from Labour and LibDems for an incumbent MP.
Adam’s business experience is well recognised. He was a regional finalist in the 2003 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year awards, and in 2005 he sold his controlling interest in DeHavilland Information Services to EMAP plc.
In 1993 he was founding director of an IT services company pioneering fixed-price support. Connect was recognised in the Virgin Sunday Times Fasttrack 100 of Britain’s fastest growing private companies in 2002, and he now acts as non-executive Chairman.
He is also non-executive Chairman of a news and information services company as well as chairing a number of international businesses. Past appointments have included Governor of the Museum of London, Trustee of the Museum in Docklands and a director of Policy Exchange, the centre-right think tank.
As Patron of Berkshire Young Enterprise, Adam is keen to encourage teenagers to recognise their business skills as early as possible.
SOURCE: GHANA MEDIA WORLD
GHANA MEDIA WORLD IS THERE FOR YOU FOR EVERY SINGLE TRULY GOOD NEWS OF INTEREST
THE NEWS ITEMS ARE FOR YOU BECAUSE WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. IF NOT BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CANNOT BE GHANA MEDIA WORLD.
READ MORE @ WWW.GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OF MEDIA AND ADVITISED IN OUR WEBPAGE ,IF YOU NEED PROFECTIONALS RADIO STATION LIVE STREAMING FOR BROADCASTING TOOLS PLUS WEBPAGE,DOMAIN,WE ARE NUMBER ONE PROFECTIONALS TO HELP YOU,FOR QUETIONS,DONATIONS,CONTACT OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
SHARE OUR PAGE AND LIKE US IN FACEBOOK
WE ARE NUMBER ONE TRUELY MEDIA