9 THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU STOP HAVING SEX …
There come times when you unavoidably enter sexual hibernation, whether it’s because of a breakup, sickness or too many obligations (kids, work, or travel).
Days turn into weeks, weeks into months, and before you even know it, you forget when the last time you had sex was.
Although not being sexually active can seriously affect your self-esteem and libido, it affects your health too because your body reacts to this as well. Some of the common reactions include lack of focus, feeling sad, lack of libido, as well as an increased risk of health issues.
For your information, these 9 things happen when you stop having sex:
- You’re more prone to viral infections. According to Dr Cory B. Honickman, our immune system weakens when we don’t have sex. In fact, having more sex can actually protect you against flu and colds.
- Your stress levels increase. You become more anxious because your “feel good” hormones drop. Abstention from sex makes it harder to deal with stressful situations.
- You can’t get aroused easily. Erectile dysfunction as well as premature ejaculation is something that typically affects men when not being sexually active.
- Your dreams change. Lack of sex affects your dreams as well, and people normally start having sex dreams or even sleep orgasms.
- You lose urge to have sex. Sex deprivation significantly reduces your libido, which makes you want less and less sex over time.
- You grow apart from your partner. Lack of sex can seriously undermine your relationship, if you’re in one. You may start feeling insecure about your feelings for your partner.
- You self-esteem is affected. Sex deprivation affects your self-esteem. In fact, you may feel less attractive and sad. It’s also believed that semen has anti-depressant effects.
- Men are at a higher risk of prostate cancer. According to Dr. Honickman, men are at a higher risk of prostate cancer if they don’t have sex for a long period of time.
- Your vaginal walls get weaker. Aside from other positive effects, sex is also beneficial for strengthening vaginal muscles. In fact, it’s a great substitute for Kegel’s.
GHANA MEDIA WORLD IS THERE FOR YOU FOR EVERY SINGLE TRULY GOOD NEWS OF MEDIA INTEREST.