4 GREATEST GHANA RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE.
Ghana is such an amazing country with a very rich culture. Ghanaian food has style and flavor in a fabulous way that you can always fancy. From grilled fresh fish with a spicy sauce to the famous classic jolof rice, you will just salivate on the sight of the nutritious and appealing dishes. Most Ghanaian main dishes are organized around a starchy staple food, with which goes a sauce or soup containing a Protein source. Ghanaian cuisine has diverse traditional dishes from different ethnic groups that make up Ghana, it also comes from a number of tribes and clan from the north to the south and from the east to the west. In this article, we will be looking at 5 Greatest Ghana Recipes You’ll definitely Love This Year, take a look
Here are 4 Greatest Ghana Recipes you’ll love in 2015.
1. Jollof Rice
- · One and a quarter cups of white rice
- · One pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
- · Three cups of chicken soup
- · One medium sized onion, chopped
- · Two teaspoons of vegetable oil
- · 6-ounce of tomato paste
1. In saucepan fry rice and the onion in oil, cover until onion turns translucent.
2. Cut the chicken into small cubes and add to the mixture
3. Add the tomato paste and then chicken soup in succession, simmer the mixture.
4. Cover pan and decrease the heat to low.
5. Cook in low heat until rice is tender, the liquid has been absorbed, and the chicken is fully cooked, about 25 minutes
The dish serves 8 people.
2. Kenkey (Ground Cornmeal)
This is an interesting unique dish to make, if you have never felt how it tastes you can’t wait to bite on a piece.
- · 8 cups of cornmeal
- · Cornhusks /banana leaves if not available you can substitute aluminum foil
- · A tablespoon vinegar
- · One cup of water
1. Using a large pot or container, combine the cornmeal with enough water to get a perfect mix.
2. Cover the pot with a clean cloth and place it somewhere warm for about 6 hours
3. Add vinegar to the cornmeal and mix up.
4. Using clean hands knead the dough until thoroughly mixed and just a little stiffened and then split the dough into two equal parts.
5. Using a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add half of the dough slowly and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously and vigorously. Then remove from heat.
6. Combine the blend from the pot with the uncooked dough and mix well.
7. Divide the whole mixture into serving sizes and wrap using the banana leaves or aluminium foil.
8. Now place the wrapped pieces on a wire rack on top of water in a large pot.
9. Bring the water to boil and steam the wrapped dough for about 1 – 3 hours and its ready.
3. Oto (Yam and Eggs)
A very nutritious dish that is rich in carbohydrates, fiber and proteins.
- · 2 cups of mashed yams
- · Two tablespoons grated onions
- · 1/2 cup of palm oil
- · 1 ripe, peeled tomato
- · 6 hard-boiled eggs
- · Salt and pepper
1. Boil the yams and mash smoothly using a folk
2. Prepare a sauce in a separate saucepan by frying onions in palm oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
3. If you like you can add the tomato then remove the pan from the heat source.
4. Take 2 yolks from the boiled eggs, mash and stir into the sauce blend.
5. Then mix the blend into the mashed yams until it has an even color.
6. The dish is ready to be served. Place in a bowl use the rest of the boiled eggs to decorate.
Serves 4 to 6 people
4. Kelewele (Fried Plantains)
Talk about hot and spicy, this is a tasty dish with a simple procedure that you will definitely love.
- · 6 ripe plantains
- · One teaspoon of powdered ginger
- · 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- · 1/2 teaspoon salt
- · 3 cups of oil or shortening
- · Two tablespoons water
1. Peel the plantain and cut diagonally into 1/2 –inches slices, ensure that you remove any woody parts from the center of the plantain.
2. With a mixing bowl combine red pepper, ginger and salt and mix well.
3. Drop the sliced plantain into the mixture to fully coat them.
4. Heat oil in a huge skillet then fry the mixture-coated slices until they turn golden brown.
Serves up to 6 people.
SOURCE: GHANA MEDIA WORLD.
THE NEWS ITEMS ARE REAL AND WE ARE NOT FAKE MEDIA,WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BECAUSE OF TRUELY MEDIA. IF NOT BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CANNOT BE GHANA MEDIA WORLD. OR WHAT WE HAVE REACH TO BE NOW.WE PUBLISH WHAT IS TRUELY INSIDE THE MEDIA OF THE WORLD FOR PEOPLE TO GET THE REAL NEWS OF GHANA MEDIA WORLD, WITHOUT HIDDEN THINGS FROM YOU AND FROM THE TRUTH THAT WE GET FROM SOMEWHERE WE GET TO KNOWN.
READ MORE @ WWW.GHANAMEDIAWORLD.COM
CONTACT OF MEDIA AND ADVITISED IN OUR WEBPAGE ,IF YOU NEED PROFECTIONALS RADIO STATION LIVE STREAMING FOR BROADCASTING TOOLS PLUS WEBPAGE,DOMAIN,WE ARE NUMBER ONE PROFECTIONALS TO HELP YOU,FOR QUETIONS,DONATIONS,CONTACT OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS email@example.com
SHARE OUR PAGE AND LIKE US IN FACEBOOK,INSTAGRAM,WHATSUPP.
WE ARE NUMBER ONE TRUELY MEDIA